16th Century Zen aphorisms modern rendering c 1998 Michael Rose
- Incense helps one to feel transcendent.
- Incense clarifies one’s consciousness: physical, mental, and spiritual
- Incense creates the experience of holiness, while dispersing the profane.
- Incense makes the mind sharp.
- Incense is a friend even when one is lonely.
- In the hustle and bustle of daily life, incense makes an oasis of peace.
- One never gets bored with incense, even when there is a lot of available.
- When incense is hard to find, even a little is fantastic.
- Stored properly, incense stays potent.
- Incense is harmless, even if used daily, and inclines a person towards the
practice of harmlessness.